Having the skills of a Professional Dump Truck operator means that you are able to explain and demonstrate:
1. Walk Around safety inspection – that you can properly attend to the tires, fluids, hoses, and that every grease point has been properly identified and attended too.
2. Equipment Safety – that you know and can explain the safety concerns that are specific to the Dump Truck, that you can do the 5 airbrake tests, and that you know air brake basics.
3. Control Identification – that you can sit in the seat and explain how to operate the truck and how to operate the dump.
4. Start Up Procedures – that you have a system to get familiar with the controls, to make sure the dump works properly, the air brakes work properly, and attachments work properly.
5. Job tasks done to industry standards – that you can back up to a specific spot on the ground and dump on that spot. That you can prepare the loaded dump truck for the road.
6. Shut Down Procedures – that you can properly fuel, clean, grease, and properly park.
7. Preventative Maintenance Procedures – that at the end of every day, you prepare a list of maintenance concerns that you may have and get that list to those who need to know and/or who will take the needed action(s).